Friday, March 18, 2005

NY - Brasserie

As you enter the swiveling doors of this New York restaurant, your image is captured by video cameras mounted at the entrance and a snapshot of you is broadcast on the multiple television screens around the bar, visible to all in the restaurant. Yes, ladies and gentleman, this is a place you go to when you want to show off that new suit or that lovely dress. Because even if they miss you on the cameras, they certainly won't miss you walking down the staircase that enters the dining room. But step carefully, I warn you, for I have seen many a person trip down those very steps.



Brasserie is a staple in New York. The newly re-opened location (re-opened about 2-3 years ago) is on 53rd Street between Lexington and Park. The food is delicious but nothing to get excited over. I fancy starting off with the tuna tartare and then having the steak frites as my main course, but their simple menu provides something for everyone. For larger parties, you can order their seafood appetizer. While some of the seafood was very tasty, I was a bit disappointed with much of it as well, having tasted not the cleanest or freshest seafood that one would expect from such a restaurant.



I've been to Brasserie many times, more often than I really care to be there, and although I will sometimes venture into trying something new (perhaps one of the specials; their duck dishes are pretty good actually), I almost always stick with my safe bets of tuna tartare and steak frites.

Brasserie
100 East 53rd St.
New York, NY 10022
212.751.4840

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home